PCAU provides school personnel training sessions throughout Utah. Training sessions include the following:
- Explanation of child abuse and neglect reporting protocol in Utah as described in the Protocol Manual.
- Definitions and indicators of child abuse and neglect.
- Discussion on what is reasonable cause to believe a child has been abused or neglected.
- How to handle a child abuse disclosure.
- The Utah Child Abuse Reporting Law.
- Explanation of case process after a report has been made.
- The educator’s roles and responsibilities related to child abuse and neglect cases.
- How the educator can best support the abused child after a report has been made, as well as the educator’s role on the child protection team.
- Overview of all child abuse prevention programs available and suggested programs appropriate for individual schools.